Have you been looking for an eyeshadow palette that can be used for all occasions, be it for a simple day look or a more glam night look.
Well guess what, I found it!
What MAC says it is?
This well-edited palette features a colour wave of burgundy hues that offer countless shade combinations. It provides an array of textures from matte to satin to frost for creating a variety of looks for both day and night. The saturated, soft and smooth hues are all packaged in one compact for easy portability.
It surely is well-edited because it has colours for all skin tones. I am an NC45 and the colours turn up really well but the 3 light nude colours don’t work so well on my skin tone. However, they’re beautiful, pigmented colours and would work really well on lighter skin tones.
Let me show you swatches of this palette before I explain further.
The picture below is unedited so that colours appear as they do in real life.
- My most favourite colours: Star Violet (the best one in the palette), Embark, Sketch, #Noir, Antiqued, Honey Lust
- My least favourite colours: Poppyseed, Quarry, Haux
Now let me tell you more about the colours.
Star Violet is the most beautiful, sparkly rose colour, it is pigmented and turns up well on my eyes even without a primer or base. This is my favourite and most used colour, perfect for a more glam look.
Next, for deeper colours, Sketch and Embark are bomb. Both are super pigmented and blend out so well. Sketch is a dark purple and embark is a dark brown. Embark can also be used to fill in your brows or to contour.
If you like shinies, then Antiqued and Honey Lust will be your go-to colours.
#Noir is a black with a hint of gold pearl. It is great for a smokey eye or to smoke out your lower lash line.
Moving on to the lighter shades, they are just as good but I am not a big fan of these colours. But I realised that using them alone on your lids, make your eyes appear bigger. And that means I’ve found a use for all the colours in my all-in-one palette!
Time for a little secret, this is my first eyeshadow palette from MAC. I hardly, hardly ever use eyeshadows because I use always use a thick liner and when you’re in a hurry, eyeshadows aren’t exactly the best option. So I skip the entire eyeshadow part and just go with my liner and mascara.
But this palette really changed that.
Overall, Embark, #Noir, Sketch and Star Violet will be an amazing addition to your eye makeup.
The palette was out of stock on the Malaysian website but it is now back in stock, it retails for RM195, you can find it here.
- Rating: 4.5 / 5
- Pros: It has shades for all ocassions and skin tones. Nude, neutral, smokey, glam, you name it, you can do it with this palette. Nice packaging for travel too.
- Cons: Price, but given you get such a variety of shades, it seems worth it.
- Would I repurchase? Probably, if I ever finish it. I use so little eyeshadow that this one palette is more than enough for me.
- Final thoughts: This is a great introductory palette to MAC’s eyeshadows and one their most popular Times Nine. If you want to try a good range of their various eyeshadow finishes and want something that will work for all occasions, and also easy to carry around, this palette will be your best bet.