I have been waiting for the longest time to get my hands on MAC’s Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Oh, Darling! that was once limited edition.
Now that it’s part of their permanent line, we can all get our hands on it, finally.
Let me warn you, this highlighter is every bit as fabulous as it is claimed to be, it is not your ordinary hyped Instagram product.
What MAC says it is?
Extra Dimension Skinfinish adds the perfect glow to skin. The liquid-powder highlighter, with prismatic reflections, is designed to sculpt and highlight your face, leaving a luminous, well-defined finish. The creamy powder formula lasts up to ten hours.
MAC describes it as a metallic gold which I think is very accurate.
The photo below shows what it looks like under natural daylight.
In this close up you can see that it has MAC embossed on it. I love small, extra details like this.
With flash (photo below).
It has it’s name written on the back and if you look closely it states that it is made in Italy, just like the Mineralize Skinfinish which happens to be its closest competitor and one of MAC’s most popular highlighters as well.
I will definitely do a post comparing the two, soon to make it easier for those of you wondering which one to get.
Do I like it?
Oh, yes I do. I love it. The formula is very lightweight and the texture feels like the perfect cross between a powder and cream.
Some highlighters are super hard to blend and end up looking very unnatural, but teh Extra Dimension SKinfinish goes on so smoothly and only takes a few strokes to diffuse into your skin.
It sculpts amazingly and looks very skin-like. I surely don’t want to look like I’m trying too hard with my highlighter, which is why Oh, Darling! is perfect for me.
I swatched it on my hand and as you can see, there is a heavy swatch at the bottom and the shimmery part on top is where I blended it out.
I also wanted to show you what it looked like swatched directly with my fingers.
- Rating: 5 / 5, I simply cannot give it anything less than a full score!
- Pros: Does not highlight pores but rather smooths over it really naturally and I dare say blurs pores too. The colour would suit all skin tones, I am an NC44 / 45 and I love how it looks on me. Good packaging, generous product size, true to colour, beautifully pigmented and long-wearing.
- Cons: None. Price, maybe? It retails for RM 145 in Malaysia. You can find it HERE.
- Would I repurchase? Yes, yes and yes. Why wouldn’t I?
- Final thoughts: Oh, darling! (yes, it has an exclamation in its name) is the highlighter of my dreams, I wouldn’t dream of using any other highlighter after this. I hardly used highlighter before this because every one that I tried, would do nothing but exaggerate my pores but no, Oh darling! never does that. And what I love about it the most, is how it makes it look like I am naturally glowing, not like I have put on higlighter. It does somewhat have a 3D effect that is beyond amazing. You really do have to try it to believe it. I can’t believe I thought twice about investing in this, my best highlighter investment yet!
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and got a good look at Oh, darling! Have you tried it or do you already have it? Let me know what you think of this brilliant highlighter that MAC has put out, till we meet again Xx
P.S. Head on over to my Instagram (beautyintheheat_) to see videos of it to get an even better look.