THE only lipsticks that I use are MAC lipsticks.
- They are extremely long-wearing.
- They come in the widest range of colours!
- They come in many different finishes, e.g. Amplified, Matte, Retro Matte , to suit your needs.
- You get one free lipstick when you return any 6 of MAC’s packaging (e.g. powder compact, fix plus bottle, lipstick tube, foundation bottle…)
- MAC lipsticks perform better than many high-end lipsticks and cost much less. I feel they have the best lipstick formula.
After a long time of looking for colours to suit my NC45 skin, I can now safely say I have a good idea of what works for me and what does not.
I’ve put together a few of my favourite lipsticks and left some suggestions of other popular shades that you might want to try.
(LEFT: Velvet Teddy, RIGHT: Whirl)
- Velvet Teddy (Matte)– This colour has got to be my favourite for a nude. It may at first seem too light when you swatch it. But it’s perfect when you wear heavy eye makeup and want a subtle lip. I have the one with the matching packaging from the Shadescents collection which is permanent I believe.
- Whirl (Matte)– This colour has got to be the closest to my natural lip colour. MAC lip liners that work great with this colour are Hover, Whirl and Plum.
(TOP: Whirl, BOTTOM: Velvet Teddy)
Other popular NUDE lipsticks from MAC: Mehr (Matte), Persistence (Matte), Taupe (Matte), Spirit, Kinda Sexy (Matte), Twig, Honeylove (Matte), Yash (Matte)
- Flat Out Fabulous (Retro Matte)- This lipstick comes in my favourite finish. Retro matte is the most matte formula for a MAC lipstick. I have very dry lips and I don’t find it drying at all. It is the ultimate matte and lasts a long time even with eating and drinking. Flat Out Fabulous is a flattering shade on all skin tones. I love to pair it with MAC’s Currant lip pencil.
It looks really bright in the swatch, but trust me its the most beautiful pink when you put it on. I never thought I’d even wear a pink before I met Flat Out Fabulous.
Other popular PINK lipsticks from MAC: Relentlessly Red (Retro Matte), All Fired Up (Retro Matte), Candy Yum Yum (Matte)
- Rebel (Satin)– Rebel has to be one of my favourites! This colour is very flattering on most skin tones and it is when perfect paired with MAC’s Currant lip pencil.
Other popular PURPLE lipsticks from MAC: Heroine (Matte), Men Love Mystery (Matte), Up The Amp, Smoked Purple, Instigator (Matte)
- Viva Glam III (Matte)– This is such a beautiful, deep red. Again, it really stands out with MAC’s Currant lip pencil. One of my favourite combos.
Other popular RED lipsticks from MAC: Ruby Woo (Matte), Diva (Matte), Studded Kiss (Matte), Lady Danger (Matte)
If you are looking to buy a lip pencil from MAC that would suit most lipsticks, I would highly recommend Currant or Hover .
I know Chestnut is the most recommend lip pencil for darker skin tones but I find that the brown is too dark and I don’t like how it darkens the lipstick, but used sparingly it can be alright.
I love the Retro Matte and Matte finishes best in a MAC lipstick. The other finishes are nice too but these are my favourite.
All MAC Lipsticks retail for RM 82 in Malaysia and can be found online HERE.
Thank you so much for reading and do let me know if you know of other great MAC lipstick colours.